Buying a used caravan
So you have decided to buy a caravan, this may be your first purchase or you might be a seasoned caravanner, but one of your biggest decisions will be whether to buy a used caravan or new caravan. Your budgets and individual needs will ultimately help you make the right choice. People can sometimes worry about buying a used van but there are plenty of reasons why you should consider this. It often makes good sense to buy a second hand caravan, especially if you are a first time buyer.
Benefits of buying a second hand caravan
- Price: The main benefit of buying a pre-loved caravan is you can purchase one for a lot less than new whilst still getting all the features you are looking for. If you have budget constraints then buying used can be the best option for you. Also if you are a first time buyer then it’s a great opportunity to experience caravanning to ensure you enjoy the lifestyle before making a major commitment to a new van.
- Lower Depreciation: Buying a used van means you can avoid the initial large depreciation and when the time comes to sell you can maximise the return on your investment.
- No waiting: There can be lengthy delays when buying a new caravan while you wait for it to be manufactured and delivered. If you are keen on heading away sooner then consider buying a second hand caravan as it can be delivered almost immediately.
- Value for Money: You get excellent value for money when buying a used van, as it will probably come with a lot of extras and options that are not normally available in a new caravan
- Choice: There is a large used market in Adelaide giving you the choice of all makes and models. You can shop around to find the caravan that is perfect for you.
Buying an RV is a big decision and it’s important to do your research before making a purchase. Particularly with used caravan sales you need to make sure you buy a van that is in good shape. Buying from a dealer is our recommendation as you are protected from scams currently operating in Australia and a good dealer will normally give the caravan a thorough pre-delivery inspection and ensure that all appliances are working and it’s in a safe road worthy condition.
Take a look at our Tips For Buying a Used Caravan article to help get you started.
Used Caravans for sale in Adelaide
Whether you are looking for used or new we have a large range of top quality caravans for sale at our Adelaide dealership. All of our vans get a thorough pre-delivery check before they leave our dealership, to make sure they are in good working condition. If you would like to see what we currently have in stock check out our used caravans for sale.
For further information feel free to visit our caravans Adelaide dealership or call us on 08 8261 8442 and our sales staff will be happy to help you.