Get to know your caravan
You’ve just picked up your new caravan and are excited to hit the road, but it’s important to take some time familiarising yourself with your new van before you head on an extended trip. We encourage all of our customers to take a maiden trip that is somewhere close by to become familiar and comfortable with the operation of your new van and ensure everything is in good working order.
Reasons to take a local maiden trip
- Towing a caravan adds another element to your holiday, particularly if it’s your first time towing. Towing a van or camper can be challenging and changes the way your vehicle performs, so it’s a good idea to become comfortable and confident towing your new van and a local trip on familiar roads will allow this.
- When you picked up your new caravan and went through the handover process, there was a lot of information to take in and it can be hard to recall everything when the time comes. The maiden trip gives you the opportunity to educate yourself on your caravan’s features and how they operate.
- A short local trip is great preparation for future holidays as you can work out what you need to pack and what accessories you may need to make your holiday more enjoyable.
- Like any new product there may be unexpected issues and this maiden trip will give you the chance to take note of them and consult with us to rectify them. It’s better to have any potential issues resolved while you are staying close by, rather than in a remote area somewhere in Australia.
- You can take the time to create checklists for future holidays; such as packing lists, pre-trip and departure checklists.
- Meet like minded people also staying in the caravan park, who are often a friendly bunch and are more than happy to share travelling trips with you.
Get to know your caravan on us!
Get to know your caravan with your first shake down trip on us! We are offering 1 free night’s accomodation in a powered site at a local caravan park. We believe it’s important to stay somewhere local for your first trip to get to your know your van without the added stress of driving to an unfamiliar area.
More than likely your maiden trip will be smooth sailing, but if you find any issues that are a concern, Avan Adelaide is close by and can easily be contacted on 82618442.
Motorhomes, Campers, Caravans Adelaide… Avan Adelaide has it all. Visit our dealership at 494 North East Rd, Windsor Gardens.
*Valid for 1 night’s accomodation in a powered site. New caravan, camper & motorhome purchases only. Used products excluded. Caravan park selected by Avan Adelaide. Must be taken within 3 months of purchase.